Is there a fee?
No, however you are welcome to make a donation at the time of the meeting should you choose to do so.
How does it work?
Each person has the opportunity to share as we go around the table. If you do not want to share simply say pass and we will go onto the next person. Please keep your sharing limited to Depression and Bipolar Disorder issues. We want to give everyone time to share.
What is the point of attending the group?
Our support groups provide the kind of sharing and caring that is crucial for a lifetime of wellness.
• Give you the opportunity to reach out to others and benefit from the experience of those who have “been there.”
• Motivate you to follow your treatment plan.
• Help you understand that a mood disorder does not define who you are.
• Help you rediscover strengths and humor you may have thought you had lost.
• Provide a forum for mutual acceptance, understanding and self-discovery.
Remember, support groups are not a substitute for professional care. DBSA chapters and support groups do not endorse or recommend the use of any specific treatment or medication. For advice about specific treatment or medication, individuals should consult their physicians and/or mental health professionals.
Who is welcome to attend?
THE Adult AccessCNY/TLS Support group is an open meeting which means that family and/or support people may attend. (No young children please)
Is this a 12 step group?
No this is NOT a 12 step group
Is this a therapy group?
NO, it is not.
How long does the group meet for?
The groups meet for 90 minutes
Do you need a diagnosis to attend the group?
No, you do not need a diagnosis to attend the group.
Do you need to register for the groups?